If coaching isn’t traditional supervision, what is it? There are five approaches to coaching: encouraging, training, counseling, mentoring, and challenging. An effective coach recognizes when to use each approach, and together the approaches enable managers and supervisors to help employees develop their full potential.
Participants learn how to incorporate coaching and counseling into day-to-day activities. They discover that coaching is not a “set aside” but an integral component to establishing trust, doing business, getting work done, appraising performance, and developing leaders on an everyday basis.
Participants learn to evaluate whether or not the employee has an understanding of expectations regarding performance and to evaluate any situational constraints that might impact performance such as lack of resources or authority. For the high performing employee, participants learn how to coach them to the next level of performance.
Successful completion of this course will increase your knowledge and ability to:
- Recognize and apply the five approaches to coaching:
- Employ inquiry and advocacy skills when communicating
- Implement the steps to effective coaching
- Follow the four-step preparation process for conducting a coaching session
- Establish a performance improvement system that works
- Develop trust and mutual respect among team members
- Empower and establish accountability among team members
- Set meaningful team mission and goals
TMG considers the optimal number of participants to be 14-20 for facilitation of this workshop. A maximum of 24 is allowed.
A comprehensive workbook accompanies this course that serves as a reference guide for course content.
TMG Training Sessions Delivered to You On-Site.
The date you choose. The location you want. The results you need! TMG on-site training is the perfect solution for training ten employees or launching a company-wide training effort. It’s affordable, completely customizable and absolutely hassle-free. You can count on organizational results that are immediate and measurable.