Creative Problem Solving
Course participants will learn how to integrate creativity with analytic thinking for effective problem solving, and to develop critical thinking skills. Creative problem solving is a valuable skill for today’s fast-changing world. The concept of “innovation” and how it relates to the bottom line will also be emphasized. An innovative mindset not only identifies and evaluates great ideas for the marketplace; it also focuses on solving customer problems. This workshop addresses helps participants to define creativity, overcome ingrained beliefs, identify myths and facts about creativity, and assess barriers to creativity in your workplace.
Successful completion of this course will increase your knowledge and ability to:
- Identify roadblocks that prevent creative thinking
- Develop creative attitudes and learn to see that all problems have opportunities
- Rediscover your creative ability
- Focus and direct creative efforts
- Overcome criticism and gain acceptance for new ideas
- Learn creative and effective techniques to recognize and identify problems
- Explore techniques for managing creative people
- Realize the significance of humor and how it impacts creativity
Course Outline- Full Day Agenda
1. Creative Thinking
- Defining Creativity
- Creativity Myths
- Managing Creativity
2. Developing Rough Ideas
- Presenting Ideas
- Political Games
- Overcoming Criticism and Negativity
- Leading and Motivating Creative People
- Promoting Ideas
- Using Humor
3. Strengthening Problem Solving Skills
- Defining problem solving
- Following the laws of problem solving
- Applying problem-solving skills
- Learning from failure
- Taking risks
- Assessing your creative style
4. Making Creative Ideas Practical
- Learning objectives
- Inspiring creativity
- Mind mapping
- Using forced connections
5. Identifying Potential Solutions
- Learning objectives
- Generating ideas
- Teaming and ideas
- Using brainstorming to identify solutions
- Looking at different perceptions
- Evaluating ideas
6. Lessons Learned/Action Plan
TMG considers the optimal number of participants to be 14-20 for facilitation of this workshop. A maximum of 24 is allowed.
A comprehensive workbook accompanies this course that serves as a reference guide for course content.
TMG Training Sessions Delivered to You On-Site.
The date you choose. The location you want. The results you need! TMG on-site training is the perfect solution for training ten employees or launching a company-wide training effort. It’s affordable, completely customizable and absolutely hassle-free. You can count on organizational results that are immediate and measurable.
A Proven Partner for Employee Development
TMG has over 20 years of experience with helping bring out the best in employees through competency-based training. Our clients include numerous Federal government agencies, businesses, and non profit organizations.
GSA CONTRACT HOLDER
GSA Professional Services Schedule (PSS)
SINs 874-1 & 874-4
Providing direct access to simple or complex fixed-price or labor-hour professional services for business consulting services
HUMAN CAPITAL & TRAINING SOLUTIONS (HCATS) SB
Providing customized human capital management and training services to all agencies.
If you would like to learn about more about how our Experts can help you to improve your organizational performance, contact us today. We’d love to hear from you!