When dealing with issues such as employee performance, personality clashes, and conflict, the truth is that there are no quick fixes. Successful managers know it takes time to do what’s best for the long-term success of the organization, its employees, and even themselves. They also know that they can overcome just about any challenge by exercising the three keys: realism, restraint, and resolve. The course gives both new and experienced managers the supervisory skills, tools, and techniques they need to evaluate the situation at hand and choose the appropriate response.
Successful completion of this course will increase your knowledge and ability to:
- Use realism, restraint, and resolve when facing any tough challenge.
- Resolve conflicts between employees effectively.
- Deal with layoffs in a way that minimizes the negative effects.
- Show support for employees with performance issues while building a defensible case for discipline and/or termination if necessary.
- Deal with employees’ personal problems with sensitivity and fairness.
- Take control and responsibility in a crisis situation.
Course Outline- Full Day Agenda
Module One: Introduction
- Course objectives
- Take the time to do the right thing
- Keys to taking the time
Module Two: Resolving Conflict between Employees
- Conflict strategies
- Mediating conflict
- Mediating practice
Module Three: Dealing with Problem Employees
- What kinds of problem employees do you have?
- Employees who don’t take initiative
- Supervising friends and former coworkers
Module Four: Dealing with Personal Problems
- Identifying personal problems
- Specific warning signs
- Documentation and confrontation
- Getting employees the help they need
Module Five: Discipline and Termination
- Establish guidelines and expectations
- Activity: Termination conversation
Module Six: Dealing with Organizational Change
- Develop a plan
- Keeping the remaining employees engaged
- Activity: Keeping employees engaged
Module Seven: Crisis Management
- Be a leader
- Crisis planning
- Contingency plan template
- Crisis management practice
TMG considers the optimal number of participants to be 14-20 for facilitation of this workshop. A maximum of 24 is allowed.
A comprehensive workbook accompanies this course that serves as a reference guide for course content.
TMG Training Sessions Delivered to You On-Site.
The date you choose. The location you want. The results you need! TMG on-site training is the perfect solution for training ten employees or launching a company-wide training effort. It’s affordable, completely customizable and absolutely hassle-free. You can count on organizational results that are immediate and measurable.