Develop and Deliver Dynamic Presentations
Every presentation represents a chance to influence people, to promote your products and services, to motivate employees, inform the public, garner support for your ideas, and gain visibility that can advance your career.
To make the most of the opportunities a skillful presentation offers, a presenter must be very well-prepared.
- Set yourself up for success at the “speaking” part of the presentation process. Clearly and specifically state what you want the audience to be persuaded to do.
- Provide focus for you as you research information, collect material and choose what to use.
- Guide and govern everything you do when you prepare and present your message.
Successful completion of this course will increase your knowledge and your ability to:
- Incorporate the four “musts” for a presentation high in audience appeal.
- Complete an “Audience Profile” that gives you necessary information and insights to tailor your message to your audience.
- Define the objective of your presentation to keep your efforts on target.
- Keep the interest and the attention of an audience with a well-paced presentation that meets the demands of today’s listener.
- Select the most suitable forms of audiovisual support and develop well-designed audiovisual aids for optimum impact.
- Prepare for and skillfully respond to questions.
- Identify types of post-presentation follow-up that may be applicable to fully satisfy your objective.
- Collect audience feedback and conduct self-evaluations, and apply the results to plans for further improvement.
- Avoid the most common complaints about presentations often expressed by people in an audience.
Course Outline – Full Day Agenda
Chapter One: Stage 1—Prepare
- Audience profile
- Clarify your objective
- Compose the message
- Framework—Part 1
- Framework—Part 2
- Use “listener language”
- Formulate questions and prepare answers
- Create audiovisual aids
Chapter Two: Stage 2—Present
- Platform skills
- Picking up audience cues
- Q&A (question and answer)
- Final pointers on presenting
Chapter Three: Stage 3—Post-Presentation
TMG considers the optimal number of participants to be 14-20 for facilitation of this workshop. A maximum of 24 is allowed.
A comprehensive workbook accompanies this course that serves as a reference guide for course content.
TMG Training Sessions Delivered to You On-Site.
The date you choose. The location you want. The results you need! TMG on-site training is the perfect solution for training ten employees or launching a company-wide training effort. It’s affordable, completely customizable and absolutely hassle-free. You can count on organizational results that are immediate and measurable.
A Proven Partner for Employee Development
TMG has over 20 years of experience with helping bring out the best in employees through competency-based training. Our clients include numerous Federal government agencies, businesses, and non profit organizations.
GSA CONTRACT HOLDER
GSA Professional Services Schedule (PSS)
SINs 874-1 & 874-4
Providing direct access to simple or complex fixed-price or labor-hour professional services for business consulting services
HUMAN CAPITAL & TRAINING SOLUTIONS (HCATS) SB
Providing customized human capital management and training services to all agencies.
If you would like to learn about more about how our Experts can help you to improve your organizational performance, contact us today. We’d love to hear from you!