Telework: Managing Virtual Employees
Why a program about managing managers? What is it that’s difficult?
- Balancing daily tasks with long-term strategic thinking. If you have managers reporting to you, lots of their “stuff” ends up being “fires” for you to put out.
- Your direct reports may manage a wide variety of functions, and it’s difficult for you to create a sense of unity and cohesiveness for your entire group.
- If you’re typical of most mid-level managers (and of most people!), you would just as soon ignore sticky situations such as dealing with difficult people. In fact, you may even back away.
Managing managers takes courage, and we’re going to give you a two-pronged approach — focusing on developing your business strategy and leadership strategy skills.
Successful completion of this course will increase your knowledge and ability to:
- Provide your organization a way of functioning more effectively during crisis situations and other business interruptions.
- Manage through the process of developing a program, selecting employees for telework, and managing effectively in a telework environment.
- Telework can help managers attract and retain the best qualified employees, provide them with uninterrupted blocks of time to work on key projects.
Course Outline- Full Day Agenda
Chapter 1: Understanding Virtual Management
- Worksheet: Virtual Management Roles & Responsibilities
- Exercise: Virtual Workforce Management Challenges
- Virtual Management Competencies
- Time Management Exercise: Where Does Your Day Go?
- What Virtual Employees Want & Need from You
Chapter 2: Becoming a Virtual Coach
- Successful Coaching Practices
- SMART Criteria for Goal Setting
- Coaching for Results
- Important Coaching Tips
- Assessment: What’s Your Coaching Style?
- Using Communication Tools Effectively
- LISTENING: The Essential Communication Skill
- Conducting Check-ins
Chapter 3: Maintaining Connectivity and Engagement
- Creating Connectivity
Chapter 4: Maintaining Team Spirit
- Tips for Facilitating Team Spirit
TMG considers the optimal number of participants to be 14-20 for facilitation of this workshop. A maximum of 24 is allowed.
A comprehensive workbook accompanies this course that serves as a reference guide for course content. $35per participant.Coaching styles assessment, $20 per participant.TMG invoices client upon workshop completion for payment within 30 days of invoice; Workshop cancellation is accepted up to two calendar weeks prior to workshop; after that time, the client is billed for the workshop fee if workshop is cancelled. TMG is based in the Washington, DC metro area. Expenses for travel outside of the Washington, DC area are authorized in advance by the client.
TMG Training Sessions Delivered to You On-Site.
The date you choose. The location you want. The results you need! TMG on-site training is the perfect solution for training ten employees or launching a company-wide training effort. It’s affordable, completely customizable and absolutely hassle-free. You can count on organizational results that are immediate and measurable.
A Proven Partner for Employee Development
TMG has over 20 years of experience with helping bring out the best in employees through competency-based training. Our clients include numerous Federal government agencies, businesses, and non profit organizations.
GSA CONTRACT HOLDER
GSA Professional Services Schedule (PSS)
SINs 874-1 & 874-4
Providing direct access to simple or complex fixed-price or labor-hour professional services for business consulting services
HUMAN CAPITAL & TRAINING SOLUTIONS (HCATS) SB
Providing customized human capital management and training services to all agencies.
If you would like to learn about more about how our Experts can help you to improve your organizational performance, contact us today. We’d love to hear from you!